Dreams of the Father and Insights of the Daughter

Finding a new relationship built on the foundation of the past, we are moving into the future with anticipation for what will be discovered. Person to person, moving away from preconceived ideas about what this stage of life has to offer, we are open to the experience of each day as a revelation and a gift.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Hair for Barbara

Since leaving my job last March, I have been going through an identity crisis (or at least my hair has). I am now blonde with gray highlights. I think this came about through poor communication on my part with my hair stylist. I first had my hair cut and colored (highlighted and glazed) here in Atlanta. I wanted to try a bit of blonde highlights.

I had my hair done in Massachusetts a couple of months ago where the stylist at an Aveda Salon added more brown.

I had decided to go back to my natural grey color but told my Atlanta stylist I wanted to grow my hair out which she took as length. My first visit to her and first color in decades, I did ask for blonder hair but now I don't know. It is still the same face.

In March I thought I would be looking for a social work job in the fall, but now I have learned Dad is a full time job. I will be making Art as a jeweler and metalsmith which will be more flexible in Boston and Atlanta. Guess eventually I will be looking forward to really short hair to go back to the natural color. I may wait to do that in the Spring....

No comments:

Post a Comment